Day Training Program
Let us do the training for you!
The day training program allows for a member of our dog training team to work individually with your dog on basic obedience behaviors while your dog attends daycare at our facility. Our trainers are Certified Professional Dog Trainers (ABCDT).
Day Training is the perfect solution when:
- You do not have time to train your dog all on your own
- You want to speed up the learning process - a skilled trainer can work faster and accomplish more in a shorter amount of time by working directly with your dog
- You want customized training for you and your dog
- You want to focus on specific target behaviors of your choice
The focus of the day training program is to transition the behaviors we teach the dog, to you, so you can continue to build on them while practicing these exercises at home. We will proof the behaviors for added reliability, but long term success requires continuous practice and reinforcement, even after the day training program has ended. Once you've completed the day training program, you can continue to reinforce those behaviors by signing up for Manners Practice sessions, where a member of our dog daycare team will work with your dog in short 10 minute sessions while attending daycare.
Daycare clients - the cost of daycare and day training is $30.00 per day. Daycare clients will get a full day of daycare and a one-on-one private training session with a certified trainer.
Boarding Clients - the cost of boarding and day training is $45.00 per day. Boarding clients will their overnight service and a one-on-one private training session with a certified trainer
*Required Vaccinations for Daycare and Day Training Program:
Bordatella (kennel cough), DHPP, Rabies.
Please obtain a copy of these vaccinations for us to keep at our facility.
- Daycare evaluation - If you are seeking day training at our dog daycare and your dog has not attended our daycare, your dog will first have to go through a daycare evaluation and attend an observation day of daycare before we can begin the Day Training Program. This is to ensure your dog is daycare friendly and will be fine in our playgroups.
- Initial Consult - During the initial consult, we will talk about the use of training methods. We will review your goals in more detail and discuss how the day training program will work.. We will set a schedule and training plan. The trainer will also provide you some advice you can immediately begin working on at home to aide in the training process. (This discussion may occur by phone or email.)
- Training Sessions – . The goal of these sessions will be to work on basic obedience behaviors (ie reduced jumping, response to sits, downs, touch, attention while around distractions, leash manners, recalls). We will then proof the behaviors so they are easily transferable to you, meaning we will ensure your dog understands what is being asked in different contexts and in different environments (e.g. inside and outside). NOTE: If during the course of the training sessions, the trainer finds that your dog requires more behavioral work (ie general socialization, confidence building, reactivity, etc) the day training program may not be the most suitable training service. While a trainer can work on behavioral training with your dog, it is critical that you be involved in the process and the trainer may recommend private at home training instead so that you are present for the training.
- Transition Meeting - A meeting to transition what the trainer has been working on with your dog. In this meeting the trainer will demonstrate what the dog has learned so far and transition the new skills to you to continue working on at home. You can schedule as many of these sessions as you like.
How do I get started?
- Contact us via phone: 828-773-4811 or Email: Woofpackpetservices@yahoo.com
- Our office will email you information about the daycare and suggested times to conduct the dog evaluation and observation day of daycare. Daycare evaluations are conducted during these times:
- Complete the paperwork before your evaluation. A day training form will be emailed to you to fill out and bring with you to your evaluation.
- Arrive to your daycare evaluation on time. Evaluations are scheduled at specific times of the day in order to maintain a structured day for the dogs and ensure they have time for all their scheduled activities. If you are running behind, please give us a courtesy call so that we can either hold your spot or reschedule for another time. If you are more than 15 minutes late to your evaluation, we will need to reschedule.
- Bring paperwork and vaccinations to your evaluation. Required vaccinations: Bordatella, DHPP, Rabies. You may also have your vet email them to email@example.com
- If your dog does not pass the daycare evaluation or if after the observation day of daycare, the daycare environment is too stressful for your dog, we can discuss other training options, such as private in-home training, or privates at our training facility.
- A trainer will call or email you. This conversation will confirm your training goals and whether day training is the right fit. The trainer will also schedule the Initial Day Training Consult with you at this time.